Top 7 Best Saree Websites, India’s love affair with the saree is as timeless as the fabric itself. This graceful six yards of elegance has adorned women for centuries, evolving with each passing era while retaining its captivating charm. Today, the internet has woven a new chapter into this love story, making it easier than ever to discover and acquire sarees from every corner of the country.
But with countless online stores vying for your attention, navigating the digital saree paradise can be overwhelming. Worry not, fellow saree enthusiasts! This curated guide unveils the finest online destinations for all your saree needs, whether you’re a seasoned connoisseur or a wide-eyed newbie. we got you covered.
Buying a Saree Online or Offline, Which is Best?
“Both online and offline saree shopping have their advantages. Online shopping provides convenience and a vast range of options, while offline shopping allows you to feel the fabric and see the saree in person. Choose based on your preferences and comfort.”
Best Saree Websites in India
|Renowned for its rich heritage and classic silk sarees, Nalli is a go-to for those seeking timeless Indian elegance. Their Kanjivaram and Banarasi collections are particularly noteworthy.
|Exquisite Traditional Elegance
|High-End (₹5,000 – ₹50,000+)
|A popular choice for contemporary designs and sarees that blend Indian aesthetics with modern trends. They offer a wide range of styles, from light and breezy to heavily embellished, making them suitable for various occasions.
|Fusion of Tradition and Modernity
|Mid-Range to High-End (₹2,000 – ₹20,000+)
|This platform curates a diverse selection of sarees, from casual to bridal, with a focus on handloom weaves and artisan-made pieces. They offer a beautiful blend of tradition and contemporary sensibilities.
|Handloom and Artisanal Craftsmanship
|Mid-Range to High-End (₹3,000 – ₹15,000+)
|Myntra features a vast collection of sarees from various brands and designers, catering to a range of budgets. You can find everything from affordable everyday wear to high-end designer pieces here.
|Variety of Budget Options
|Budget-Friendly to High-End (₹500 – ₹25,000+)
|Known for its commitment to ethically sourced, handcrafted apparel, FabIndia offers a beautiful selection of handloom cotton sarees. They emphasize natural dyes and traditional motifs, making them ideal for everyday wear or casual occasions.
|Sustainable Handloom Cottons
|Mid-Range (₹2,000 – ₹8,000)
|This platform connects you directly with artisans and weaving communities across India. They offer a breathtaking variety of handloom and handwoven sarees, from silk and cotton to unique regional specialties.
|Direct Artisan Support & Diverse Handloom
|Mid-Range to High-End (₹1,500 – ₹10,000+)
|This website specializes in Kanchipuram silk sarees, known for their crispness, sheerness, and intricate zari work. They also offer a variety of other silk and handloom sarees from different regions of India.
|Kanchipuram Silk Specialist
|High-End (₹10,000 – ₹50,000+)
Saree Website For the Timeless Treasure Seeker:
- Nalli: Renowned for its rich heritage and classic silk sarees, Nalli is a treasure trove for those seeking timeless elegance. Their Kanjivaram and Banarasi collections, with their intricate zari work and opulent fabrics, are truly a sight to behold.
Saree Website For the Modern Fusionist:
- Kalki Fashion: Embrace the modern twist on tradition with Kalki Fashion. Their sarees blend Indian aesthetics with contemporary sensibilities, offering a range of styles from light and breezy to heavily embellished, perfect for making a statement on any occasion.
Saree Website For the Artisan Advocate:
- Karagiri: Immerse yourself in the beauty of handloom weaves and artisan-made pieces with Karagiri. They curate a diverse selection of sarees, from casual to bridal, showcasing India’s rich textile heritage and supporting local communities.
Saree Website For the Budget-Conscious Connoisseur:
- Myntra: No need to break the bank to find your perfect saree! Myntra boasts a vast collection from various brands and designers, catering to every budget. Whether you seek affordable everyday wear or a special occasion piece, their diverse options will leave you spoilt for choice.
Saree Website For the Sustainable Soul:
- FabIndia: Choose conscious fashion with FabIndia’s exquisite handloom cotton sarees. They champion ethically sourced materials and traditional techniques, offering a stylish and sustainable way to embrace the saree.
Saree Website For the Regional Explorer:
- Craftsvilla: Embark on a journey through India’s diverse weaving traditions with Craftsvilla. This platform connects you directly with artisans and communities, offering a breathtaking variety of handloom and handwoven sarees from every corner of the country.
Saree Website For the Kanchipuram Connoisseur:
- Bharatsthali: Experience the sheer opulence of Kanchipuram silk sarees with Bharatsthali. Their website specializes in these exquisite creations, known for their crispness, sheerness, and intricate zari work. They also offer a variety of other silk and handloom sarees from different regions.
Practical Guide to Buying Sarees Online
This guide equips you with practical tips to make your online saree shopping experience a breeze:
Know Your Saree Needs:
- Saree Occasion: Is it for a wedding, festival, work, or casual wear saree? Choose a material and style that fits the occasion’s formality.
- Saree Body Type: Understand your body shape and pick sarees that flatter your unique curves. Lighter fabrics and vertical patterns work well for petite frames, while heavier saree drapes and horizontal designs can balance fuller figures.
- Saree Budget: Set a realistic budget before you start browsing. Remember, the cost can vary greatly depending on fabric, embellishments, and saree brands.
Decode the Saree Details:
- Saree Fabric: Explore the world of silks, cotton, georgettes, and more. Each offers unique characteristics like flow, breathability, and drape.
- Saree Workmanship: Look for intricate details like zari work, embroidery, or prints. Understand the difference between handloom and machine-made work.
- Saree Color and Design: Choose saree colors and patterns that appeal to your taste and complement your skin tone. Consider the occasion and your comfort level with bold or subtle aesthetics.
Master the Saree Search:
- Filters: Utilize website filters to narrow down your options based on budget, fabric, color, and design.
- Read Reviews: Check customer reviews to get insights into quality, fit, and overall experience.
- Zoom In: Don’t rely solely on the main saree picture. Zoom in on close-ups to examine the fabric texture, embroidery details, and any potential flaws.
Embrace Saree Trust:
- Reputable Websites: Stick to established platforms with good customer reviews and secure payment gateways.
- Return Policies: Check the return policy before purchase. Knowing you can easily return unsuitable sarees eliminates buyer’s remorse.
- Communication: Don’t hesitate to contact the seller if you have any questions about the saree or sizing.
Beyond the Saree Purchase:
- Accessorize with Grace: Choose Saree Jewelry, shoes, and a blouse that complements the saree and enhances your overall Saree look.
- Drape with Confidence: Practice draping the saree at home to achieve a comfortable and flattering fit. Numerous online tutorials can guide you.
- Caring for your Treasure: Learn the proper saree care techniques for your specific saree fabric to ensure its longevity and beauty.
Conclusion: Remember, the perfect saree awaits, hidden somewhere within the digital threads. So, grab your virtual cart, explore these recommended websites, and let your saree journey begin! With a little guidance, you’ll soon be draped in beauty and tradition, ready to tell your own story through the timeless elegance of the saree.
FAQs on Saree Shopping Sites
Which online app is best for sarees?
“Several online platforms offer a wide range of sarees. Popular choices include Amazon, Flipkart, Myntra, and Ajio. The best app depends on individual preferences, budget, and specific requirements.”
Which brand of saree is best?
“Some of well-known brands include Sabyasachi, Raw Mango, and Nalli Silk Sarees. Consider factors like design, fabric, and budget.”
Which place is best for sarees?
“Different regions in India are known for producing unique sarees. Varanasi for Banarasi sarees, Kanchipuram for Kanjeevaram sarees, and Kolkata for Baluchari sarees are among the places famous for their saree craftsmanship.”
Is it good to buy sarees online?
“Buying sarees online can be convenient, offering a vast selection and the ability to compare prices. However, it’s essential to research the seller’s credibility, read reviews, and check return policies for a satisfactory purchase experience.”
Which saree is trending now 2024?
“Fashion trends evolve, and new styles emerge each year. As of 2024, trending sarees might include contemporary designs, experimental fabrics, and a mix of traditional and modern elements. Keep an eye on fashion updates for the latest trends.”
Which type of saree is best?
“The best type of saree depends on the occasion, personal style, and body type. Banarasi, Kanjeevaram, and Chiffon sarees are popular choices. Consider the purpose, drape, and comfort when selecting a saree.”
Which saree is famous in Bangalore?
“Bangalore is known for its silk sarees, particularly the Bangalore silk saree. These sarees are made from pure silk and often feature intricate zari work. Shopping in local markets or silk emporiums is recommended for an authentic experience.”