What Jewellery to Wear with Saree? saree, an epitome of grace and elegance, that holds a special place in every woman’s heart. To complete the perfect saree look, choosing the right jewelry is crucial. The right combination of jewelry can enhance the overall appeal of the saree and elevate your style. read till the end we will explore various types of jewellery that beautifully complement different saree styles and occasions.
What Jewellery to Wear with Saree?
|Type of Saree Jewellery
|Complementary Saree Styles
|– Plain and simple sarees
|– High-neck or collar neck saree blouses
|– Solid-colored sarees
|– Ethnic sarees
|– Heavily embroidered sarees
|– Festive and grand occasions
|– Delicate saree designs
|– Modern and designer sarees
|Saree Maang Tikka
|– Traditional silk sarees
|Saree Nose Ring/Nath
|– Traditional and ethnic sarees
|Saree Waist Belt
|– All types of saree drapes
|– High-neck or collar-neck saree blouses
|– Sarees with visible footwork
- Necklaces and Pendants
- Long, layered necklaces complement plain and simple sarees.
- Choker necklaces enhance the beauty of high-neck or collar-neck saree blouses.
- Statement pendants add drama to solid-colored sarees.
- Jhumkas or traditional earrings are perfect for ethnic saree looks.
- Studs or small earrings work well with heavily embroidered sarees.
- Chandbalis or danglers are ideal for festive and grand occasions.
- Bangles and Bracelets
- Thin bangles or kadas go well with delicate saree designs.
- Bold and chunky bracelets complement modern and designer sarees.
- Maang Tikka
- Maang tikkas beautifully enhance traditional silk and bridal sarees.
- Nose Ring or Nath
- Nose rings or naths add a touch of traditional elegance to saree looks.
- Waist Belt or Kamarbandh
- Kamarbandhs or waist belts accentuate the waistline in saree drapes.
- Anklets or Payals
- Anklets or payals bring out the gracefulness of saree footwork.
Jewellery Selection Based on Saree Fabric & Design
|– Heavy gold or temple jewelry
|– Heavy gold or temple jewellery
|– Delicate diamond
|– Heavy gold or temple jewelry
|– Intricate gold or silver zari work
|– Mix of contemporary and traditional pieces
- Silk Saree:
- Opt for heavy gold or temple jewelry for a classic South Indian silk saree.
- Antique silver jewelry complements rich and traditional Kanjeevaram sarees.
- Cotton Saree:
- Keep it simple with light silver or oxidized jewelry for casual cotton sarees.
- Chiffon or Georgette Saree:
- Pair with delicate and minimalistic diamond or pearl jewelry.
- Banarasi Saree:
- Go for intricate gold or silver zari work jewelry for grand Banarasi sarees.
- Designer Saree:
- Mix and match contemporary and traditional jewelry for designer sarees.
Saree Occasion-wise Jewellery Pairing
|Recommended Saree Jewellery
|Wedding and Bridal
|– Heavy gold or kundan sets
|– Intricate and regal designs
|– Statement pieces
|– Chandelier earrings, layered necklaces
|– Simple studs, small chains
|– Lightweight bracelets
|– Temple jewelry, polki sets
|– Timeless gold or silver pieces
- Wedding and Bridal Saree:
- Choose heavy gold or Kundan jewelry sets with intricate designs.
- Party or Cocktail Saree:
- Opt for statement pieces like chandelier earrings or layered necklaces.
- Casual or Office Wear Saree:
- Keep it light with simple studs or small chains and bracelets.
- Festive Saree:
- Embrace the grandeur with temple jewelry or polki sets.
- Traditional Saree:
- Pair with timeless gold or silver pieces for a classic look.
Saree Jewellery Metal and Color Combinations
|Saree Jewellery Metal
|Suitable Saree Styles
|– All types of sarees
|– Casual, contemporary sarees
|– Glamorous and sophisticated sarees
|– Weddings, festive sarees
|– Traditional and modern sarees
- Gold Jewellery:
- Classic and versatile, suitable for all occasions and saree styles.
- Silver Jewellery:
- Elegant and understated, perfect for casual and contemporary saree looks.
- Diamond Jewellery:
- Adds a touch of sophistication and glamour to any saree ensemble.
- Kundan and Polki Jewellery:
- Traditional and regal, best suited for weddings and festive occasions.
- Pearl Jewellery:
- Exudes elegance and charm, great for both traditional and modern sarees.
Tips for Selecting the Right Saree Jewellery
- Consider the Neckline:
- Choose necklaces and pendants that complement the saree blouse neckline.
- Match with Saree Color:
- Coordinate the jewelry metal and color with the saree for a harmonious look.
- Balance the Look:
- Pair heavy necklaces with simple earrings or vice versa to create balance.
- Embrace Statement Pieces:
- Use bold and statement jewelry to add a focal point to your saree look.
- Keep Comfort in Mind:
- Opt for lightweight and comfortable jewelry, especially for long hours. and check out this guide on Matching Jewellery for Lehenga for more inspiration.
Conclusion: Choosing the right jewelry for your saree is an art that can elevate your overall appearance and create a lasting impression. Whether it’s a traditional wedding saree or a modern designer saree, the right combination of necklaces, earrings, bangles, and other accessories can enhance your style and showcase your personality.
Consider the saree fabric, occasion, and your personal preferences while selecting the perfect jewelry to complete your saree look.
FAQs on Saree Jewellery
Which jewelry to wear with a saree?
Selecting the right jewelry to wear with a saree depends on the occasion and the saree’s design, for traditional sarees like silk or Banarasi, heavy gold or temple jewelry complements well. For casual or contemporary sarees, lightweight and modern pieces like diamond or pearl jewelry are suitable.
How to select jewelry for a saree?
When selecting jewelry for a saree, consider the saree fabric, design, and color. Opt for jewelry that complements the saree’s style and enhances its overall look. For heavily embroidered sarees, go for simple and elegant pieces, while for plain sarees, choose statement jewelry to add a touch of glamour.
Which jewelry suits a silk saree?
Silk sarees exude elegance and grandeur, perfect for pairing with heavy gold or traditional jewelry sets. Kundan or polki jewelry also complements the regal charm of silk sarees, enhancing their beauty.
Which jewelry goes with a golden saree?
Golden sarees are already eye-catching, so it’s best to pair them with minimal yet elegant jewelry. Opt for delicate diamond or pearl pieces to add a touch of sophistication without overpowering the saree’s golden hue.
What is best to wear under a saree?
To achieve a seamless look under a saree, wear a well-fitted blouse and a dress that matches the saree’s color. The blouse should complement the saree’s design, and the petticoat should be comfortable and secure.
What is paired with a saree?
A saree is typically paired with matching or contrasting jewelry, such as necklaces, earrings, bangles, and anklets. Additionally, women often wear bindis and adorn their hair with accessories like maang tikka or hairpins.
How can I look more attractive in a saree?
To look more attractive in a saree, focus on the overall presentation. Choose a saree that complements your body type and skin tone. Accessorize with appropriate jewelry, wear well-fitted undergarments, and opt for a flattering blouse design.
How to look classy and rich in a saree?
To achieve a classy and rich look in a saree, opt for traditional or designer sarees with intricate work or embellishments. Pair them with heavy gold or diamond jewelry and style your hair elegantly.
How to match bangles with a saree?
When matching bangles with a saree, consider the saree’s color and design. If the saree has intricate work or embroidery, opt for simple and complementary bangles. For plain sarees, you can choose bold and vibrant bangles to add a pop of color.