What are Pattu Sarees? Pattu sarees, also known as silk sarees, hold a revered place in Indian culture. Beyond being just garments, they carry the artistry of skilled artisans, the opulence of silk, and the tales of tradition woven into every thread.
From the resplendent Kanchipuram sarees of Tamil Nadu to the intricate Banarasi sarees of Varanasi, each region boasts its distinct style, patterns, and motifs that celebrate the rich diversity of the nation’s heritage.
Top 10 Pattu Saree Blouse Designs (with Images)
A pattu saree’s elegance is elevated by a thoughtfully designed pattu blouse. Let’s explore ten enchanting pattu saree blouse designs that encapsulate the charm of tradition while embracing modern aesthetics. Each design is paired with an image to ignite your imagination and guide your selection: Note: Make sure to Identify Pure Silk sarees before slelecting any designs.
|Pattu Blouse Designs
|Pattu Designs Aspects
|Creative cutouts, whether geometric shapes or abstract patterns, infuse avant-garde chic into your ensemble.
|Blouses adorned with intricate temple motif embroidery, reminiscent of ancient architecture.
|Designs inspired by peacocks, showcasing the majestic bird in vibrant hues for a splash of color.
|Timeless zari works with exuding a royal aura.
|Works with intricate patterns that shimmer in gold and silver,
|Tastefully designed backless blouses with surprise embellishments on the back, add sensuality to the attire.
|Collar designs that infuse sophistication, from mandarin to Peter Pan collars, blending tradition and modernity.
|Blouses transformed into art canvases with delicate cutouts and layered fabrics, creating an exquisite visual appeal.
|Art Exhibitions, Galas
|Creative cutouts, infuse avant-garde chic into your outfit.
|Grand Events, Weddings
|whether geometric shapes or abstract patterns, infuse avant-garde.
|Fashion Events, Parties
Zari Wonder Pattu Saree Blouse Design
The timeless allure of zari work comes to life in this design. Intricate patterns shimmer in gold and silver threads, creating a royal aura that perfectly complements the opulence of a pattu saree.
Temple Motifs Pattu Blouse Design
Draw inspiration from ancient architecture with temple motif embroidery. These designs feature intricate carvings and sculptures, adding a touch of grandeur to your outfit.
Peacock Parade Pattu Blouse Design
Embrace the beauty of nature with peacock-inspired designs. These blouses showcase the majestic bird in vibrant hues, adding a splash of color and vivacity to your outfit.
Modern Minimalism Pattu Blouse Design
Sometimes, less is more. Modern minimalistic blouses with clean lines and subtle embroidery offer a contemporary twist to traditional pattu sarees.
Backless Beauty Pattu Blouse Design
Infuse sensuality into your outfit with a tastefully designed backless blouse. Embellishments on the back add a surprise element to your attire.
Ethnic Elegance Pattu Blouse Design
Embrace regional aesthetics with ethnic-inspired patterns. These blouses pay homage to the diverse cultures of India, bringing a tapestry of traditions to your outfit.
Contemporary Collars Pattu Blouse Design
Experiment with blouse collar designs that add a touch of sophistication. From mandarin collars to Peter Pan collars, these blouses effortlessly blend tradition with modernity.
Artistic Appliqué Pattu Blouse Design
Appliqué work transforms blouses into canvases of art. Delicate cutouts and layered fabrics create a visual feast that complements the intricacy of your saree. Long sleeves Blouse are most preferred for this Design.
Regal Velvet Pattu Blouse Design
Elevate your ensemble with regal velvet blouses. These designs combine the lushness of velvet with exquisite embroidery, exuding luxury and elegance.
Contemporary Cutouts Pattu Blouse Design
Explore contemporary designs with creative cutouts. Whether it’s geometric shapes or abstract patterns, these blouses add an element of avant-garde chic.
Jewelry for Pattu Saree Blouse Designs
- Necklaces and Necklines: Match choker-style necklaces with deep necklines and elegant long necklaces with high necklines. Let embellished collars shine on their own.
- Earrings and Elegance: Opt for subtle studs with heavy blouse designs, delicate jhumkas for tradition, and statement earrings for simplicity.
- Bangles and Bracelets: Complement your look with sleek gold bangles or stacked bracelets. Experiment with gemstones or patterns.
- Maang Tikka and Hair Accessories: Enhance elegance with a maang tikka draping along your forehead. Choose hairpins that integrate seamlessly with your Saree Hairstyle.
- Waistbands and Anklets: Elevate your look with waistbands that highlight your waistline. Delicately accessorize your feet with matching anklets.
- Blouse Embellishments: Let your jewelry complement, not compete, with blouse designs. Create a harmonious synergy for an elegant narrative.
How to take Care of Pattu Saree Blouses?
Your pattu saree blouse is not just an attire; it’s a piece of art that deserves utmost care and attention. To ensure the longevity of your blouse’s beauty and the stories it holds, follow these essential care tips:
- Storage Matters: Store your pattu saree blouses in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. Avoid hanging them, as silk can stretch over time. Instead, fold them gently and place them in breathable fabric bags.
- Gentle Handling: When wearing or removing your blouse, handle it with care to prevent snags or tears. Avoid excessive pulling or tugging that might damage delicate embellishments or threads.
- Spot Cleaning: In case of spills or stains, address them promptly. Use a soft, damp cloth to gently dab the affected area. Avoid rubbing vigorously, as it can spread the stain or damage the fabric.
- Air and Breathe: Allow your blouse to breathe occasionally by taking it out of storage. Gently unfold and shake it to release any wrinkles that may have formed during storage.
- Avoid Perfume and Sprays: Perfumes, hairsprays, and other chemicals can damage silk fibers and stain delicate embellishments. Apply such products before wearing your blouse and allow them to dry completely.
- Invest in Padded Hangers: If you choose to hang your blouse, opt for padded hangers to prevent stretching and distortion of the fabric. Make sure the hangers have a wider shape to support the shoulders.
- Avoid Direct Ironing: If your blouse needs ironing, use a pressing cloth and set your iron to the silk setting. Avoid ironing directly on the blouse to prevent burning or damaging the fabric.
Conclusion: Pattu saree blouse designs epitomize the harmonious blend of artistry and heritage that enriches Indian fashion. Beyond being garments, they are expressions of craftsmanship, devotion, and elegance.
As you embark on this exploration of intricacies, may you find inspiration to redefine your style with the grace and sophistication that is inherent in this timeless outfit. With each choice of design, you add another stroke to the canvas of tradition, creating an ensemble that not only adorns but also narrates stories of heritage and individuality.
FAQs on Pattu Sarees Blouse
1. Which Pattu Saree is Best for Wedding?
The best pattu saree for a wedding is often the opulent and intricately designed Kanchipuram silk saree. Known for its rich zari work, vibrant colors, and traditional motifs, it’s a symbol of grandeur that complements the significance of weddings.
2. Which Colour Pattu Saree is Best?
The choice of color depends on personal preference and the occasion. Traditional colors like red, maroon, and gold are timeless for weddings. For other events, explore colors that suit your skin tone and the mood of the occasion.
3. Which Place is Famous for Pattu Saree?
Kanchipuram in Tamil Nadu, India, is renowned for its Kanchipuram silk sarees. Varanasi in North India is celebrated for its Banarasi silk sarees. Both places have rich traditions of crafting exquisite pattu sarees.
4. How to Check Pattu Saree Quality?
To check the quality of a pattu saree, examine the silk’s texture and purity. Authentic silk feels smooth and has a natural sheen. Assess the intricacy of the zari work and embroidery. Reputable stores and weavers are reliable sources for high-quality pattu sarees.
5. Why Are Pattu Sarees So Expensive?
Pattu sarees are handmade using intricate techniques, including weaving, dyeing, and embellishing. The use of genuine silk and precious metals for zari makes them labor-intensive and luxurious, contributing to their higher cost.
6. What is the Importance of Pattu Saree?
Pattu sarees are not just clothing; they embody the cultural heritage and artistry of India. They’re worn during significant events like weddings and festivals, symbolizing tradition, elegance, and the wearer’s connection to their roots.
7. What is the Difference Between Silk and Pattu?
“Pattu” is the Tamil term for silk. While all “pattu” sarees are made of silk, not all silk sarees are called “pattu.” The term “pattu” is often used to refer to elaborately designed and richly embellished silk sarees.