How to Look Slim in Saree? Saree the timeless Indian attire, has the power to enhance your beauty and make you feel graceful. If you’re looking to create a slim and flattering silhouette in a saree, we’ve got you covered.
In this blog, I will share tips and tricks to help you achieve a slimmer appearance while wearing a saree. From choosing the right fabric to saree draping techniques, I have compiled everything you need to know to look your best. So, let’s dive in!
Note: Know Your Saree Size. & choose the Branded blouse and Branded Saree option for the perfect Saree Outfit. & and Looking Slim in a Lehenga & looking slim in a saree are two completely different things.
Types of Saree Fabrics for a Slim Look
|Why it Works
|Lightweight and flowy, drapes well
|Sheer and lightweight, adds an ethereal look
|Crisp and structured, creates a slim silhouette
|Textured and stretchy, offers a slimming effect
|Rich and luxurious, gives a polished look
How to Look Slim in Saree
- Tip 1: Opt for Lightweight Saree Fabrics: Choose sarees made from lightweight fabrics like georgette, chiffon, and organza. These fabrics drape beautifully, giving you a slender and graceful appearance. Avoid heavy fabrics like brocade or velvet, as they can add unnecessary bulk.
- Tip 2: Stick to Vertical Saree Prints and Patterns: Vertical prints and patterns create an illusion of length, making you appear taller and slimmer. Opt for sarees with vertical stripes, thin borders, or delicate motifs that elongate your silhouette. Avoid horizontal prints or wide borders, as they can make you look broader.
- Tip 3: Pick Dark and Solid saree Colors: Dark colors like black, navy blue, deep green, or wine red have a slimming effect. Choose sarees in these hues to create a visually streamlined look. Solid colors also work better than bold prints or busy patterns, as they provide a cleaner and more elongated appearance.
- Tip 4: Consider the Saree Draping Style: The way you drape your saree can significantly impact your overall look. Opt for a slimming draping style like the “Mermaid” or “Pleated Pallu” to create a slender silhouette. These draping styles emphasize the waist and create a flattering shape. Avoid heavy pleats or excessive fabric around the waist, as they can add bulk.
- Tip 5: Pay Attention to Saree Blouse and Accessories: Choose a well-fitted blouse that enhances your figure and complements the saree. Opt for a V-neck or sweetheart neckline to create an elongated look. Pair your saree with slimming accessories like a saree belt, statement earrings, or a long necklace that draws attention to vertical lines.
Tricks to Look Slim in Saree
- Choose the Right Fabric: Opt for lightweight fabrics like georgette, chiffon, or crepe that drape well and don’t add extra bulk to your frame.
- Opt for Vertical Patterns: Vertical patterns and stripes can create an illusion of length and make you appear taller and slimmer. Avoid horizontal patterns that can make you look wider.
- Go for Darker Saree Shades: Darker shades such as black, navy blue, or deep maroon can have a slimming effect. Avoid lighter shades and bold prints that can highlight problem areas.
- Use a Well-Fitted Blouse: A well-fitted blouse can enhance your curves and provide a streamlined look. Avoid overly tight or loose-fitting blouses that can disrupt the overall silhouette.
- Cinch with a Saree Belt: Adding a slim belt at the waist can help define your figure and create an hourglass shape. Opt for a belt that complements your saree and adds a touch of elegance.
- Saree Draping Style Matters: Choose draping styles that suit your body type. For example, the “Bengali Style” or “Mermaid Style” can create a slimming effect by focusing on the waist and hips.
- Pay Attention to the Saree Pallu: A well-arranged pallu can add grace and create a slimmer look. Avoid excessive pleats or volume in the pallu, which can add bulk.
- Consider Saree Shapewear: If desired, you can wear shapewear underneath your saree to smoothen out any problem areas and provide a more streamlined appearance.
Conclusion: Looking slim and elegant in a saree is all about choosing the right fabric, colors, draping style, and accessories. By incorporating these expert tips into your saree ensemble, you can create a flattering and slimming look that boosts your confidence.
Remember to experiment, embrace your unique style, and most importantly, feel comfortable and beautiful in your saree. Now, go ahead and rock that graceful and slender look!
FAQs on How to Look Slim in Saree
Can wearing a specific type of saree help me look slimmer?
While there is no specific type of saree that guarantees a slimming effect, certain fabric choices, colors, and draping styles can create an illusion of a slimmer silhouette. Opt for lightweight fabrics, dark colors, and vertical prints to enhance the slimming effect.
Should I wear shapewear underneath my saree?
Wearing shapewear is a personal choice. If you want to achieve a smoother look and minimize any visible bulges, consider wearing well-fitted shapewear underneath your saree. Choose a style that offers support and comfort without restricting your movement.
How important is the choice of blouse when trying to look slim in a saree?
The blouse plays a crucial role in accentuating your curves and creating a slimming effect. Opt for a well-fitted blouse that cinches at the waist and highlights your figure. Vertical detailing or patterns on the blouse can also help create an elongated look.
Are there any specific saree draping styles that make you look slimmer?
Yes, certain draping styles can create a slimming effect. Draping styles like the “Bengali” or “Mumtaz” drape focus on cinching the waist and creating vertical lines, which can make you appear slimmer. Experiment with different draping styles to find what suits your body shape best.
How can accessories help in achieving a slim look in a saree?
Accessories can be used strategically to draw attention to your best features and create a slimming effect. A slim belt or waistband can define your waistline, while statement earrings or a long necklace can add vertical lines and draw attention away from any problem areas.
Can wearing heels make a difference in looking slim in a saree?
Wearing heels can add height and create a slimmer appearance. Opt for high heels, pointed-toe shoes, or nude-colored heels to elongate your legs and create a more streamlined look.
Are there any specific saree colors to avoid if I want to look slimmer?
While there are no hard and fast rules, lighter or pastel colors can sometimes make you appear broader. Opting for darker colors like black, navy blue, or deep maroon can create a slimming effect.
How important is confidence in looking slim in a saree?
Confidence is key to looking slim and beautiful in any outfit, including a saree. Embrace your body shape, focus on your best features, and carry yourself with confidence and grace. Remember, feeling good about yourself is the ultimate secret to looking slim and radiant in any attire.