When it comes to traditional Indian attire, the lehenga holds a special place in every woman’s heart. Known for its grace, elegance, and intricate craftsmanship, the lehenga is a popular choice for weddings, festivals, and other special occasions. If you’re in search of the perfect lehenga, we’ve curated a list of the best lehenga brands in India.
From renowned designers to emerging labels, these brands offer exquisite designs, quality craftsmanship, and a blend of traditional and contemporary styles. Let’s explore the top lehenga brands that have won the hearts of fashion enthusiasts across the country. Note: Always make sure to measure the lehenga size before buying online.
How We Choose the Best Lehengas for You?
We select lehengas with:
- Variety and Range: Diverse lehenga styles to suit everyone.
- Fit and Size Inclusivity: Perfect lehenga fit for all body types.
- Fabric and Comfort: High-quality lehenga, comfortable materials.
- Design and Embellishments: lehenga Intricate craftsmanship.
- Durability and Quality: Long-lasting beauty of lehenga.
- Affordability and Value: Lehenga options for every budget.
- Customer Feedback: Real lehenga customer experiences.
- Inclusivity and Representation: Celebrating lehenga diversity.
- Innovation and Craftsmanship: Modern lehenga design techniques.
Our goal is to provide you with exquisite lehengas that match your style and values.
List of 10 Best Lehenga Brands in India
|Lehenga Brand Names
|Lehenga Brand Specialties
|Lehenga Brand Website
|Bridal wear, intricate embroidery, luxurious
|Bollywood-inspired, glamorous designs
|Sustainable fashion, Rajasthani craftsmanship
|Fusion of traditional and modern styles
|Falguni Shane Peacock
|Contemporary designs, unique embellishments
|Bridal wear, royal aesthetics
|Shyamal & Bhumika
|Regal designs, intricate detailing
|Heritage-inspired, exquisite handwork
|Contemporary designs, unconventional motifs
|Vibrant colors, eclectic designs
Sabyasachi Renowned for his opulent and breathtaking bridal wear, Sabyasachi Mukherjee is a celebrated name in the Indian fashion industry. His lehengas are a perfect blend of traditional aesthetics, intricate embroidery, and luxurious fabrics. Sabyasachi’s creations exude elegance and timeless beauty from classic reds to pastel hues. Sabyasachi is also well known as the Best Blouse Brand in India.
Manish Malhotra Lehenga
Manish Malhotra A favorite among Bollywood celebrities, Manish Malhotra is known for his glamorous and Bollywood-inspired designs. His lehengas feature intricate embellishments, sequins, and mesmerizing patterns. With a perfect blend of traditional and contemporary elements, Manish Malhotra’s creations are synonymous with grandeur and sophistication. Manish Malhotra also has some of the Best Saree Brands in India.
Anita Dongre Lehenga
Anita Dongre is a pioneer in sustainable fashion and promotes the use of traditional Rajasthani craftsmanship. Her lehengas showcase vibrant colors, intricate handwork, and eco-friendly fabrics. From exquisite gota-patti work to delicate thread embroidery, Anita Dongre’s lehengas are a testament to her commitment to ethical fashion.
Tarun Tahiliani Lehenga
Tarun Tahiliani is renowned for his fusion of traditional and modern styles. His lehengas are a perfect blend of traditional craftsmanship and contemporary silhouettes. With impeccable draping techniques, unique embellishments, and intricate designs, Tarun Tahiliani’s lehengas are a reflection of modern Indian couture. Note: always opt for the Best Lingerie Brand for the perfect outfit.
Falguni Shane Peacock Lehenga
Falguni Shane Peacock is known for their contemporary designs and unique embellishments. Their lehengas feature bold colors, innovative motifs, and unconventional patterns. With a perfect balance of edginess and elegance, Falguni Shane Peacock’s lehengas symbolize individuality and modern fashion.
Neeta Lulla Lehenga
Neeta Lulla is a renowned name in the Indian fashion industry, particularly known for her exquisite bridal wear and royal aesthetics. Her lehengas are crafted with meticulous attention to detail, featuring intricate embellishments, rich fabrics, and timeless designs. Neeta Lulla’s creations are synonymous with elegance and grandeur, making them a preferred choice for brides looking for a regal look. Make sure to check out this blog on 10 Best Kurti Brands in India for more.
Shyamal & Bhumika Lehenga
Shyamal & Bhumika is a popular designer duo celebrated for their regal designs and intricate detailing. Their lehengas showcase a harmonious blend of traditional craftsmanship and contemporary silhouettes. With a focus on luxurious fabrics, fine embroidery, and elaborate patterns, Shyamal & Bhumika’s lehengas exude a sense of opulence and sophistication
Ritu Kumar Lehenga
Ritu Kumar is a legendary designer renowned for her heritage-inspired designs and exquisite handwork. Her lehengas reflect a seamless fusion of traditional aesthetics and modern sensibilities. From intricate zari work to intricate mirror embellishments, Ritu Kumar’s lehengas are a testament to impeccable craftsmanship. With a strong emphasis on preserving Indian textiles and techniques, Ritu Kumar’s lehengas are a perfect choice for those seeking a blend of tradition and contemporary elegance.
Payal Singhal Lehenga
Payal Singhal is known for her contemporary designs and unconventional motifs that redefine traditional silhouettes. Her lehengas are characterized by modern cuts, innovative prints, and fusion elements. Payal Singhal’s creations cater to fashion-forward women who appreciate unique and eclectic designs. With a focus on versatility and effortless style, her lehengas are perfect for modern occasions and destination weddings.
Manish Arora Lehenga
Manish Arora is a renowned fashion designer celebrated for his vibrant and eccentric creations. While primarily known for his bold and experimental designs, his lehengas exhibit a mix of traditional elements with a contemporary twist. Featuring bright colors, playful embellishments, and unconventional motifs, Manish Arora’s lehengas are perfect for those who dare to stand out and make a statement. Also: read the guide on How to Look Slim in Lehenga? for more information.
Unique Lehenga Combinations for Brides
For a standout bridal look, consider these unique lehenga combinations:
- Modern Red and Gold: Add a contemporary twist to the classic red and gold with unique blouse designs or modern jewelry.
- Pastels and Floral Prints: Embrace elegance with pastel lehengas adorned with delicate floral prints.
- Ivory and Metallic Accents: Create a regal look with an ivory lehenga paired with metallic embroidery.
- Monochrome Magic: Opt for a single color palette for a chic and sophisticated appearance.
- Velvet and Silk Contrasts: Combine sumptuous velvet with rich silk for opulence and texture.
- Dual-Toned Lehengas: Make a statement with lehengas featuring different skirt and blouse colors.
- Modern Minimalism: Choose minimalistic lehengas with clean lines and subtle embellishments.
- Cape and Jacket Overlays: Add drama to your ensemble with a cape or jacket layer.
- Anarkali Lehenga Fusion: Blend Anarkali charm with lehenga grace for a unique fusion.
- Sheer Delight: Incorporate sheer fabrics for a contemporary, romantic touch.
- Royal Blue and Silver: Opt for a rich royal blue lehenga with intricate silver work.
- Vintage Inspired: Embrace vintage elegance with heirloom motifs and designs.
Top Lehenga Boutique Across India
Note: These are just a few of the best lehenga shops in these cities
Best Lehenga Shops in Chandni Chowk, Delhi
- Chabra 555: Known for its exquisite bridal lehengas and a wide range of traditional wear.
- Asiana Couture: Offers a blend of traditional and contemporary lehengas with intricate embroidery.
- Om Prakash Jawahar Lal: A popular choice for timeless, handcrafted lehengas and bridal ensembles.
Best Lehenga Shops in Bangalore
- Deepam Silks: Renowned for its silk lehengas and traditional South Indian bridal wear.
- Mokshaa: Offers a range of trendy and elegant lehengas, perfect for modern brides.
- Pothys: Known for its vast collection of silk lehengas and traditional ethnic wear.
Best Lehenga Shops in Lucknow
- Ada Chikan: Famous for its exquisite Lucknawi chikankari lehengas and ethnic wear.
- Nazakat: Offers a blend of traditional and contemporary Lucknowi lehengas.
- Shree Krishna Sarees: Known for its collection of traditional lehengas and bridal wear.
Best Lehenga Shops in Jaipur
- Ranas: Specializes in royal Rajasthani lehengas with intricate craftsmanship.
- Nayika: Offers a range of designer lehengas inspired by Rajasthani culture.
- SBBJ Lehenga Palace: Known for its authentic Rajasthani lehengas and traditional attire.
Best Lehenga Shops in Chennai
- Nalli Silks: Renowned for its silk lehengas and traditional South Indian bridal wear.
- Studio Ayana: Offers a variety of contemporary and custom-designed lehengas.
- Prashanti Sarees: Known for its extensive collection of traditional bridal lehengas.
Best Lehenga Shops in Kolkata
- Simaaya: Offers a wide range of designer lehengas and bridal couture.
- Sabyasachi Mukherjee: Known for his iconic bridal lehengas and luxury bridal wear.
- Aparnaa: Offers a collection of traditional Bengali lehengas and ethnic wear.
Best Lehenga Shops in Chandigarh
- Frontier Raas: Known for its elegant bridal lehengas and traditional wear.
- Satya Paul: Offers a blend of contemporary and traditional lehengas.
- Ravissant: Known for its handcrafted lehengas and exquisite bridal attire.
Quick Designer Lehenga Buying Guide
- Set Your Budget: Determine your spending limit to narrow down choices.
- Research Designers: Explore renowned designers with styles you love.
- Define Your Style: Decide on the lehenga style – traditional, contemporary, or minimalistic.
- Fabric Choice: Choose a fabric that suits the occasion and season.
- Inspect Details: Pay attention to intricate embellishments and embroidery.
- Consider Customization: Ask about tailoring options to match your preferences.
- Dupatta Match: Ensure that your branded dupatta complements the lehenga.
- Fitting Matters: Schedule fittings for comfort and movement.
- Delivery Timeline: Inquire about delivery to meet your event date.
Video on Best Lehenga Brands
Finding the perfect lehenga is essential for any special occasion, and these top lehenga brands in India offer a plethora of options to cater to every fashion enthusiast’s taste. Whether you desire a traditional bridal ensemble, a glamorous Bollywood-inspired look, or a fusion of modern and traditional styles, these brands have something to offer. From Sabyasachi’s luxurious creations to Anita Dongre’s sustainable fashion, each brand brings a unique touch to the world of lehengas.
FAQs on Lehenga Brands
What are the factors to consider while choosing a lehenga brand?
When selecting a lehenga brand, consider factors such as the brand’s reputation, craftsmanship, design aesthetics, fabric quality, customization options, and price range. It’s also important to browse through customer reviews and testimonials to gauge the brand’s reliability and customer satisfaction.
Can I purchase lehengas online from these brands?
Yes, most of these renowned lehenga brands have online platforms where you can explore their collections and make purchases. Visit their official websites mentioned above to browse through their latest designs, check product availability, and place your order conveniently.
Do these lehenga brands offer customization options?
Many of these brands provide customization services, allowing you to personalize your lehenga according to your specific requirements. You can discuss your preferences with their design teams, including fabric choices, embellishments, and alterations, to create a unique and customized outfit.
Are these brands available internationally?
Yes, some of these lehenga brands have a global presence and cater to customers worldwide. They offer international shipping options, making it possible to purchase their designs no matter where you are located. Check their websites for information on international shipping policies and delivery timelines
Which place is best for lehenga in India?
Several cities and regions in India are known for their lehenga markets, including Delhi’s Chandni Chowk, Mumbai’s Zaveri Bazaar, Jaipur, and Hyderabad’s Charminar area. The best place depends on your preferences and budget.
Who wore the most expensive lehenga?
The most expensive lehenga worn by a celebrity can vary over time. Bollywood actresses and celebrities often wear custom-made designer lehengas for weddings and special events, which can be quite costly.
Which state is famous for lehenga?
Rajasthan and Gujarat are two states in India known for their traditional and intricate lehengas, particularly the vibrant and beautifully embroidered Bandhani and Ghagra Choli.
Which type of lehenga is in trend?
The trend in lehengas can change over time. Currently, various styles like A-line lehengas, mermaid lehengas, and lehengas with intricate embroidery or mirror work are popular.
How to choose a lehenga to look slim?
To appear slimmer in a lehenga, opt for darker colors, vertical patterns, or embroidery, and avoid heavy embellishments around the waist. A high-waisted lehenga can also create the illusion of a slimmer waist.
Which lehenga color is best?
The best lehenga color depends on your skin tone and personal preferences. Popular choices include red, maroon, pink, gold, and pastel shades. Select a color that complements your complexion.
Which city in India has the best bridal lehenga?
Cities like Delhi, Mumbai, and Jaipur are known for having some of the best bridal lehenga markets and designer boutiques. The best place for a bridal lehenga can vary based on your style and budget.
Which place is best for bridal lehenga?
Bridal lehengas can be found in many places in India, including specialized boutiques, designer stores, and traditional markets. Delhi, Mumbai, and Jaipur are popular choices for bridal shopping.
How much does a lehenga cost in India?
The cost of a lehenga in India can vary widely based on factors like the designer, fabric, embroidery, and location. Lehengas can range from a few thousand rupees to several lakhs or more for designer pieces.
Which fabric is better for a lehenga?
Lehengas are made from various fabrics, including silk, georgette, chiffon, velvet, and brocade, among others. The choice of fabric depends on the season, occasion, and personal comfort. Silk and velvet are popular choices for wedding lehengas due to their richness and elegance.