How to Measure Sherwani? Finding the perfect sherwani is an exciting part of preparing for a special occasion, be it a wedding, festive celebration, or formal event. To ensure a flattering and comfortable fit, it’s important to measure yourself accurately before purchasing a sherwani online.
How to Measure Sherwani for that Impeccable Look
- Sherwani Chest Measurement: Start by measuring your chest circumference, as it is a crucial measurement for determining the right sherwani size. Wrap a measuring tape around the fullest part of your chest, usually just below the armpits. Make sure the tape is snug but not too tight or loose. Take note of the measurement in inches or centimeters.
- Sherwani Waist Measurement: Next, measure your waist circumference. Locate the narrowest part of your waist, typically above the navel and below the rib cage. Wrap the measuring tape around this area, ensuring it is parallel to the ground. Record the measurement.
- Sherwani Shoulder Measurement: Measure the width of your shoulders to ensure the sherwani fits properly. Place the measuring tape across the back, starting from one shoulder edge to the other. Make sure the tape is level and straight, resting just above the shoulder bone.
- Sherwani Sleeve Length: Determining the appropriate sleeve length is essential for a well-fitting sherwani. Start by relaxing your arm at your side. Measure from the edge of your shoulder down to your wrist bone, or your desired sleeve length. Record this measurement.
- Sherwani Sherwani Length: To measure the desired length of the sherwani, start from the top of your shoulder and measure down to your desired hemline. This will depend on personal preference and the style of the sherwani, whether it is a shorter or longer length. Take note of this measurement.
Size Chart to find the Appropriate Sherwani Size
|Sleeve Length (inches)
|Sherwani Length (inches)
Note: These measurements are approximate and may vary between different brands and designers. Always refer to the specific size chart provided by the Sherwani manufacturer or seller for accurate sizing information.
Conclusion: Measuring a sherwani correctly is crucial for achieving a polished and well-fitted look. By following the steps in the guide and referring to the size chart, you can confidently select the right size sherwani for your special occasion.
Remember to consider your personal preferences, the style of the sherwani, and any specific instructions provided by the manufacturer or seller. With a perfectly measured sherwani, you’ll look dashing and feel confident.
FAQs on Sherwani Measurements
How long does it take to measure a sherwani?
The time required to measure for a sherwani can vary depending on your familiarity with the process and the availability of assistance. On average, it may take around 10-15 minutes to complete the measurements accurately.
Can I use online measurement charts instead of physically measuring myself?
Online measurement charts can provide general guidelines, but it’s always recommended to physically measure yourself or seek professional assistance. This ensures precise measurements that cater to your unique body shape and size.
Should I measure myself before or after ordering a sherwani?
It’s best to measure yourself before ordering a sherwani. By doing so, you can ensure that you select the correct size and avoid any potential delays or issues with the fitting process.
What if I am unsure about taking accurate measurements?
If you are uncertain about taking accurate measurements on your own, it is advisable to visit a professional tailor or a local boutique that specializes in traditional attire. They have the expertise to measure you correctly and provide valuable guidance.
Can I use a flexible measuring tape for measuring a sherwani?
Yes, a flexible measuring tape is the most suitable tool for measuring a sherwani. It allows for easy maneuverability around the body, ensuring accurate measurements for a well-fitted garment.
What if my measurements differ from the standard size chart?
Standard size charts provide general guidelines, but each individual’s body shape and proportions can vary. If your measurements differ significantly from the standard size chart, consider opting for custom-made sherwanis that can be tailored to your specific measurements.
Should I wear shoes while taking measurements for the sherwani length?
It is recommended to wear the shoes or footwear you plan to wear with the sherwani while taking the length measurement. This ensures that the sherwani is the appropriate length when worn with your preferred footwear.