How to measure Kurti Size? To measure the size of a Kurti, you will need a flexible measuring tape, pen, paper, and a friend or family member to assist you. this guide will work for all different types of Kurtis Just follow these steps to achieve the perfect fit for your Kurti:
When it comes to ethnic fashion, kurtas are a popular choice for women. Whether you’re attending a festive occasion or simply want to add a touch of elegance to your everyday wardrobe, getting the right fit is essential.
How to Measure Kurti’s Size?
- Bust Measurement:
- Waist Measurement:
- Locate your natural waistline, which is typically the narrowest part of your torso.
- Wrap the measuring tape around your waist, making sure it is level and comfortable.
- Avoid pulling the tape too tight or leaving it too loose.
- Hip Measurement:
- Stand with your feet together and your legs slightly apart.
- Wrap the measuring tape around the fullest part of your hips, ensuring it is parallel to the ground.
- Maintain a relaxed posture and avoid compressing your hips.
- Length Measurement:
- Decide on the desired length of your kurti, and whether you prefer a shorter or longer style.
- Stand straight and measure from the highest point of your shoulder to the desired length of your leg.
- Keep the measuring tape straight and parallel to the ground.
- Sleeve Length Measurement:
- Extend your arm slightly and bend it at a 90-degree angle.
- Start measuring from the edge of your shoulder at the top of your arm.
- Measure along the outer edge of your arm down to the desired sleeve length.
- Ensure the measuring tape follows the natural curve of your arm.
Standard Kurti Size Chart
|Kurti Bust (inches)
|Kurti Waist (inches)
|Kurti Hip (inches)
|Kurti Length (inches)
|Kurti Sleeve Length (inches)
Note: Kurti Measurements may vary
How to Read a Kurti Size Chart – An Example
Deciphering a kurti size chart is simpler than it seems. Here’s a guide using an example:
1. Bust, Waist, and Hip Measurements: Take your bust, waist, and hip measurements with a measuring tape.
2. Locate the Size Chart: Find the size chart provided by the brand on the product page. It’s usually a table displaying sizes and corresponding measurements.
3. Match Your Measurements: In the size chart, locate the row that matches your bust, waist, and hip measurements. For example:
- Bust: 36 inches
- Waist: 30 inches
- Hip: 40 inches
4. Determine Your Size: Look at the column that corresponds to your measurements. Your size is where the three measurements intersect. For instance:
- Bust: M (Medium)
- Waist: M (Medium)
- Hip: L (Large)
5. Additional Information: Some size charts might include height recommendations or notes about the fit of the garment.
6. Check Product Descriptions: Read the product description for any additional sizing information, such as the Kurti model’s height and size. & Make sure to know your Legging Sizes OR Palazzo Size if you are planning to pair a kurti.
7. Verify with Reviews: Look at customer reviews to see if they mention whether the kurti runs true to size, smaller, or larger.
8. Adjust If Needed: If you’re between sizes, consider your comfort preference. Some styles look great with a looser fit, while others are meant to be more fitted.
Remember, size charts can vary between kurti brands, so always refer to the specific brand’s size chart for accuracy.
Ideal Kurti Size and Length for Your Height
|Kurti Height Range
|Kurti Length (inches)
|Short Kurti: Hits just above hips, great for petite frames
|5’2″ – 5’5″
|Standard Kurti: Falls at mid-thigh, versatile and flattering for most body types
|5’6″ – 5’8″
|Long Kurti: Covers knees or slightly above, elongates legs and balances proportions
|Maxi Kurti: Reaches ankles or floor, dramatic and elegant for taller frames
How Do I Choose an Online Size for My Kurti?
Shopping for the right kurti size online is easy:
- Measure Yourself: Take your bust, waist, hip, and length measurements.
- Check Kurti Size Chart: Match your measurements with the brand’s size chart.
- Read Kurti Descriptions: Note the model’s height and size in product descriptions.
- Read Kurti Reviews: See if reviewers mention if sizes run large or small.
- Follow Tips: Some brands give sizing tips for specific kurti styles.
- Compare with Wardrobe: Compare with a well-fitting kurti you own.
- Contact Support: Ask the online store’s customer support for help.
- Check Returns: Confirm the return policy before purchasing.
By considering measurements, size charts, reviews, and store guidance, you can confidently choose the right kurti size online.
Conclusion: Measuring a kurta correctly ensures a comfortable and flattering fit. Following our guide and referring to the standard size chart, you can confidently find the perfect size for your Kurti.
Remember, the right fit not only enhances your appearance but also ensures your comfort throughout the day. Now that you know, go ahead and measure your kurti to embrace an effortless style with a perfect fit!
FAQs on Kurti Measurements
Why is it important to measure a kurti before purchasing?
You are measuring a kurti before buying is crucial to ensure a proper fit. It helps you select the right size, preventing the inconvenience of returns or exchanges later. A well-fitting kurti enhances your appearance, boosts your confidence, and ensures comfort throughout the day.
Can I use the same measurements for all types of kurtis?
While the basic measurements remain the same, different styles of kurtis may have variations in length, sleeve length, or silhouette. It’s recommended to refer to the specific size chart provided by the manufacturer or seller to ensure an accurate fit for each type of kurti.
What if my measurements fall between two sizes?
If your measurements fall between two sizes on the size chart, consider your personal preference for a loose or fitted fit. You can choose to go up a size for a slightly looser fit or down a size for a more fitted look. Keep in mind the style and fabric of the kurti, as certain materials may have less stretch or give.
Can I measure myself or do I need assistance?
While it’s possible to measure yourself, having someone assist you can provide more accurate measurements. They can help ensure the tape is straight, parallel to the ground, and not too tight or loose. If measuring alone, use a mirror to check the tape’s position and maintain the correct posture.
Should I measure with or without wearing undergarments?
It’s best to measure without bulky clothing or padded undergarments. Wear lightweight and non-padded undergarments to get accurate measurements that reflect your natural body shape. This will help you determine the appropriate size and ensure a comfortable fit.
Can I rely solely on standard-size charts when purchasing online?
While standard size charts provide a general reference, it’s essential to check the specific size chart provided by the manufacturer or seller. Different brands may have variations in sizing, so referring to their size chart will help you select the most suitable size for their particular kurtis.
What if I’m in between sizes according to the size chart?
If you find yourself in between sizes, consider your preference for a looser or more fitted fit. Take into account the fabric’s stretch and the style of the kurti. Additionally, check for any customer reviews or sizing recommendations from the brand or other buyers to guide your decision.
How often should I measure myself for kurtis?
It’s recommended to measure yourself whenever you plan to purchase new kurtis, as your body measurements can change over time. Factors like weight fluctuations, exercise routines, or changes in posture can impact your measurements. Updating your measurements before buying will ensure the best possible fit.